Saturday 11 January 2014

Upcycling Art.

I have been reading a lot about the art of recycling and trying to do my share. Thats where the idea of making something new from what was available as useless came up.
I realised that there are many ways to learn and web or internet definitely is a great source to learn.
Few months back I came across the word 'UPCYCLING' and I found myself close to the concept. It seems there is a difference between recycling and upcycling.  So if I am able to convert the throwable things around into a beautiful art piece or a usable product by adding some accessories to it is termed as Upcycling. While recycling might actually mean converting the waste into a completely different product with the use of machines which needs energy.  So in turn to recycle one product we create waste through other source.  Which does not happen in upcycling. 
The concept is very interesting. 
However The Green Scene has been and will be  part of the journey whether its recycling or upcycling.  Art is always close to our Heart.  :-)
Vrushali.

No comments:

Post a Comment